It’s the mamma hen wanting to protect her chick again. I feel the need to warn you of the dangers that lurk all around us online, especially this time of year.
I attended a webinar last night about viruses on Skype, Twitter and Facebook and it was a real eye opener. I wanted to share some of the info with you. Hopefully it will save you grief in the future.
Last January my computer got a nasty virus that totaly wiped out my hard drive. I had to reinstall windows and start from scratch. Fortunately I have an online an backup service or it would have been a real disaster.
That’s not something I’d want you to go through, so I thought I’d share what I learned with you.
Here are some of the recent warnings:
- No matter where you are online, if anything looks a little off, don’t click the link!
- If someone you know on any social media says someone else is saying bad things about you with a link – it’s a virus. Then all of your friends and followers will then get the same message from you and they will have a virus too.
- Before you click shortened links, hover your mouse over them and look in the lower left corner of your screen. It will show you the original link before it was shortened. If it looks weird or not quite right, don’t click it!
- If you are still unsure if the shortened link is legit, go to http://longurl.org and paste it in to check it out for sure.
- Also, this is the time of year for the scams in your email supposedly from Fed Ex, Postal Service, PayPal, UPS and Hallmark to name a few. Be careful. If you are not expecting a package or card, don’t open! If you are expecting one, read carefully before you click anything to be sure it’s OK.
Please pass this on to others you know that may benefit.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.