Your prospects won’t buy from you unless they trust you.
Read that again, because fully understanding that deceptively simple sentence is crucial to the bottom line of your business. If you can’t establish trust, you can’t make sales. Period.
So, how do you start building trust? Like this:
1. Offer great customer service. Whether you have a prospect contacting you for the first time with a pre-sale question or you have an existing customer needing help, you need to provide prompt,
2. Start a blog. A blog gives you an opportunity to interact with your prospects and customers. It also gives you an opportunity to show value to
Tip: Don’t yet have a blog? Go to WordPress.org and download the free files.
3. Interact with prospects on social media sites. Yet another way to build relationships (and trust)
4. Use your prospect’s name. Using someone’s name helps build rapport. Online you can collect your prospect’s first name when he joins your newsletter list. Offline, be sure to ask for his name so that you can use it during your sales
Tip: Don’t overuse someone’s name, as that can backfire and make them feel uncomfortable. Using it once or twice during an initial meeting should
5. Follow up with your prospects. The vast majority of people who come to your website or store are unlikely to ever return – that’s why you need to get their contact information so that you
Usually this involves offering your prospects something valuable in exchange for their contact information.
Example: You can offer a free report on your website. Or if you have a bricks and mortar store, you can offer prospects a chance to win something in a contest. Just be sure in all cases that your
6. Show your value now. Don’t make the mistake of promising a lot of value in the future… but only once someone pays you money. Instead, show your value now using newsletters, a blog, social media
7. Be accessible. This one is of particular
8. Get personal. If your prospect or client
9. Give your prospects what they want. Here’s the key: Help your prospects even if it doesn’t directly benefit you.
Example: Recommend a product that doesn’t garner you a commission (maybe the product is even free). When the prospect sees that you really care about
10. Be professional. Finally, maintain a
You just learned 10 proven ways to build trust and generate more sales for your business.
To find out still more ways to grow your
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.