What does internet success have to do with being sick and having surgery?
In my case a lot. There will come a time you your online career that this will have great meaning to you as well.
When I left you last, we were talking about how my first week of March’s daily tasks went. Now it’s the last week of the month. What happened to week 2 and 3? Well, hence the headline… I had the flu for 10 days and carpal tunnel surgery within the past 2 weeks. Both were rather sudden and unplanned.
What would you do if you had an issue that kept you from working for a couple of weeks? Are you prepared? If you want internet success, you’d better be, because $&!# happens. And if you aren’t a few steps ahead of the game, you’ll get left in the dust. The internet moves very quickly and you could be forgotten fast when first starting out.
That’s why you need to have a several email and blog posts scheduled in advance to go out automatically as well as a tweets and FB posts scheduled in HootSuite, just to play it safe. Not only does it make it easier in your day to day business to have a jump on things, it will save your butt someday.
So needless to say, I did get off track for this March’s goals, but I was still very productive. I’ve already exceeded my goal of increasing my i-magazine list by 100 more opt ins, I have 4 of the 6 panelists I’d hoped to have in place. So this week I’m playing catch up and wrapping up the month.
- I plan to continue to build up my newsletter/i-mag as much as possible throughout the week by tweeting and posting on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In 2-3 times a day about the newsletter.
- I’ll be hitting the forums a couple of times this week and include that link in my signature.
- Posting on others blogs at least once every day.
- Scheduling my social media in for this week and next in HootSuite
- Recording a couple of Cinchcasts
- Write and schedule an additional 2 weeks of newsletters to replace the ones I ran while recuperating.
- Dedicate an entire work day to catch up with client services, coaching, etc.
- Being interviewed in a teleseminar
- Hired an associate (Yippee!!). Will be creating several training videos to show how I want specific outsourced tasks completed.
- Create Facebook Timeline before March 30th deadline
- Layout April goals. I had intended to beef up my membership site, but have decided that I need to focus on improving my sales funnel by working on projects and products that I have started and not finished. So I’ll be killing 2 birds in April. I’ll have a sales funnel that will systematically make sense and enable me to create more cash flow.
So, now you know what I’ll be teaching you in April. Do you have a solid sales funnel in place? Do you understand the concept of the sales funnel? It’s one of the most important systems in your business.
I’d love to know how you are enjoying this series on Internet success, please leave a comment.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.