Do you sit down at your desk, kitchen counter, dining room table or wherever the magic happens and have no idea where to start?
You are not alone.
I see this so often with my home business coaching clients and my own team that I felt like it needed to be addressed.
What exactly are income producing activities anyway? We call them IPA’s for short. But before we dive into them, let’s address this…
First of all, you need a plan. You should never go to bed without a plan for tomorrow. Otherwise it’s too easy to get side tracked and never actually get anything done. I tend to do a lot of Facebook scrolling when I don’t have an IPA plan. How about you?
Here is a quick list of Income Producing Activities that will help you plan your day.
- Post a few times about your opportunity or products in a non-salesy way. Facts tell and stories sell. If it sounds selly-selly, don’t do it! Make it personal.
- Private message prospects, customers, team members, etc.
- Do a Facebook Live
- Share a relevant You Tube Video
- Send a few friend requests to add to your audience.
- Research groups/communities within the social media networks you use and join the ones that you can contribute to that will lead back to your business/product knowledge (i.e. relevant health related groups if you are in a health and wellness company weight loss support groups if you sell weight loss products, etc)
Pick Up The Phone:
- Call someone you haven’t seen in a while and invite them to coffee or lunch. Get reacquainted.
- Call someone who does business with you (like your insurance agent or realtor) and set an appointment
- Call a friend or acquaintance and ask tell them a little about what you are doing. Offer to bring them a sample, send a video via email or messenger, etc. Just something to get the conversation started.
- Send out company info or a short You Tube video to a few people. (only after asking if they are open to receiving it and they say yes!)
- Followup with a few prospects
- Email your team
- Send customers that are inactive a thank you card for being a customer in the past and tell them you want them back
- Send a hand written card to active customers thanking them for being your customer, make suggestions, give product help, etc.
- Send a handwritten card to a prospect you have been talking to about the opportunity or your products.
- Send out samples to prospects.
- Send out brochures or catalogs with a hand written note attached.
Go Through Your Phone Contact List
- Reconnect with someone you haven’t talked to in a while
- Text them an invite to coffee or lunch
- Send them a video or relevant information (only after asking if they are open to receiving it and they say yes!)
Get Out Of The House
- Go shopping and start conversations, pass out cards and brochures
- Drop by doctors offices, dentists, hospital, anywhere with waiting areas and ask if you can leave your catalog on a table or magazine rack
- Join a business group or meetup
- Volunteer somewhere where there is good exposure and opportunity to talk to people about what you do
These are just some basic Income Producing Activities. There are lots more.
Pick a 2 or 3 to do each day and you will start to see results. Remember what you do this month will show up month, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate satisfaction. Keep at it.
Got some IPA ideas of your own? We would love for you to share them with us in the comments!
Live Life Intentionally!
Feel free to share this if you got value!
Did This Help You? If so, I would really appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
If you enjoyed this post please share, tweet and comment.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.