Inbound marketing is the way to go.
You can’t achieve internet success today they way the good ol’ boys did it.
If you play by the same rules and use the same tactics that the internet marketing Gurus of years gone by did to achieve internet success, you are doomed! Back in the day, (over 5-7 years ago 😉 the online big shots did things differently. People responded differently. That’s all changed since the dawn of Social Media. Gone are the days of blasting links and hard sell. I thought I’d share an interesting infographic I found on Jon Loomer’s blog on Inbound Marketing Vs. Outbound Marketing.
So what the heck is Inbound Marketing?
Here’s how Oli Gardner of Unbounce.com describes it:
- You earn people’s interest instead of buying it: Generally by producing quality content that you give away for free to help their business solve a legitimate problem.
- Customers come to you: By creating quality content you generate inbound links and high SEO value that last far longer than short campaign based marketing.
- It’s unobtrusive: Over 200 million Americans alone, have registered on the FTC’s “do not call me ” phone registry. So if you market nicely you can still reach people.
Then what’s Outbound Marketing?
- You’re pushing your product or service on a customer – which makes them think of you as spammy.
- Outbound marketing costs more. Outbound marketing sucks. I can’t defend or encourage it.
Thanks Oli… what you said!
So now that you know the difference choose Inbound Marketing instead of Outbound. It takes more effort but the payoff is so much more!
Here’s an infographic I promised.
- Inbound marketing is 62% less expensive than outbound marketing.
>> Tweet this <<
- The new age of inbound marketing is about providing value and earning customer loyalty.
- Some of the most effective inbound marketing tactics are content marketing and social media
Thanks for reading! We would love to hear what you think about inbound marketing vs. outbound marketing. Please leave a comment and don’t forget to share this on your favorite social medias, too!
With love and blessings,
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.