Dieting may work short term, but if you’ll just change up a few things to eat healthier you can and will lose weight without dieting. It may not be as quick, but it will result in long term weight loss and you’ll get healthier doing it. That’s a win-win!
Yo-Yo dieting is not healthy and never works long term!
If you are like me, you’ve tried them all. And failed. Oh, you lost weight, but when you fell off the wagon (and who can diet forever?) you gained it all back and then some.
Here are 10 tips to eat healthier and lose weight without restrictive dieting.
- Eat all of the foods you enjoy, just eat them in smaller quantities. Be intentional about the portion size. Enjoy but don’t go overboard.
- You don’t have to order bland grilled chicken and steamed veggies when eating out. Just use some restraint. Order as sensibly as you can. Ask for a to go box and take some food off your plate before you start eating, or split a meal with a friend. Then be conscious of what you are eating the rest of the day so you don’t sabotage yourself.
- Ditch calorie counting. Eat more clean nutrient rich non-processed foods and you won’t have to worry about calories. These foods are nutrient-rich and more filling than processed foods. You’ll be fuller longer.
- Eat more jazzed up veggies! Don’t eat those boring plain old veggies, take the time to season them up and make them burst with flavor! Use spices, olive oil, garlic, sauteed onions, etc and make your mouth happy instead of hum-drum.
- Prep your food. When you get home from the grocery store, wash and chop your veggies and prep snack foods like nuts, cheese cubes, etc have them ready to grab for a quick snack or meal. This is key to healthy eating. If you are not doing this you are grabbing quick foods that are not as healthy as they could be.
- Eat your biggest meal at lunch when your digestion is at its peak. If you eat your biggest meal for dinner, then watch the boob tube until bedtime your body does not have a chance to burn it off, so it stores it as fat.
- Take time to enjoy and savor your food. No more mindless eating! Slow down, pay attention to when you feel full. Stop at 80% full, let your brain catch up to your stomach.
- Eat the rainbow. (no I don’t mean a bag of Skittles!) Eat a variety of colorful vegetables. You should have at least 5 servings a day. Again, don’t make them bland and boring, spice them up!
- Always have a stash of healthy snacks on hand wherever you are. Keep some in your bag, at your desk or car. Grabbing “bad for you” snacks is a big reason for high calorie and bad fat intake. Don’t do it! Be prepared.
- Follow the 80/20 rule. If you eat right 80% of the time, you can enjoy whatever you want the other 20%. It’s not that hard to do, it just takes being intentional.
Try these tips on for size. Make an effort to do them daily for the next 21 days and you will see a big difference in your appetite, how you eat and what you want to eat. And you just might lose a little weight too!
Live Life With Purpose!
Feel free to share this if you got value!
Did This Help You? If so, I would really appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
If you enjoyed this post please share, tweet and comment.
Image courtesy of nenetus / freedigitalphotos.net
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Never Miss A Thing!
Subscribe to get interesting stuff and weekly updates from Celene for a healthier and happier home and family.