In the previous post Your Mindset Can Destroy Your Online Business, we talked about how important the proper mindset is to your online business.
Now, let’s look at the tools needed to educate yourself on how to build a profitable online business.
And trust me, there’s a lot to learn. However, it’s not hard to find the information you need to educate yourself nor does it have to be overly expensive. You will however need to invest in your education as you go. Honestly, I still invest in my own education and always will. I will always invest in a business coach, buy home study courses and attend workshops. It’s an ongoing process. Technology and the ways of the internet are constantly changing. That’s what makes online business so fun and fascinating!
You’ll need some basic tools in your online business toolbox.
1. It will help if you understand the process of building your online business before you dive in. Then you’ll know what to do first, second and so on… Knowing how the process works alleviates a lot of confusion.
3. You’ll need an autoresponder service. In simple terms an autoresponder is an email management system that collects prospects names and email address and manages them for you. By growing an email list of targeted prospects, you will can build a relationship with your community as well as to be able to market to them over and over again. This is your biggest asset.
4. Learning to be a good blogger is essential as well. Being a writer is not a must upfront. That will come. You can purchase really good PLR (private label rights). PLR is content that is pre-written, you purchase the rights to use it any way you want to and to claim authorship as well! There you go, no major writing involved right away.
5. Having access to an online community of like minded people to turn to when you need help or quick answers is really important to your sanity! You are not an island. You don’t have to feel like you are on the outside looking in. You’ll need support and a sense of family online, otherwise you could start to feel isolated after a while.
6. You’ll need a coach/mentor who will help you to tie it all together and help you step by step on your online business journey. A good business coach will guide you through the setup and back end mechanics of your business as well as how to grow an online presence and how to market your business.
You must treat your online business like a business and not a hobby.
You’ll need to be organized, focused and disciplined. How many hours can you devote to building your business? If you are going to work at it on again-off again, then it’s a hobby. If you will be disciplined to spend time working on your online business daily and focus on the important work and not the busy work, then you just may have what it takes.
So, let’s review. If you…
- Have a good mindset and believe you can do this
- Are willing to invest some time and money into educating yourself on how to build and market your business
- Use the right tools for the job
- Find a good coach and mentor to help you along the way
- Will stay focused, disciplined and don’t treat your business like a hobby
Then an online business can be your ticket to earning more money, enjoying more time freedom, having complete control over your future and living the kind of life you really want to live!