Do you need more followers on social media?
Over the years I have gathered 8540 friends and followers organically, little by little. I’d like to see that total increase to 10,000 over the next couple of months and I’m gonna share with you just how I a plan to make that happen.
Hang out here with me and see if you can get more followers on social media too!
I’m going to be posting about this topic occasionally to report on what I’m doing, what seems to be working and what flops. I’ve got a lot going on in my business right now but I’m committed to put my head down and go for it! (I’m also trying to increase my email list as well, so my head is swimming a little!)
How Can You Increase Your Social Media Following Too?
First, Google it! Read some expert posts on how to get more followers on social media, take notes, then hit it hard!I’ll tweak and report back as the weeks progress and you check in here and let us know how you’re doing, too.
- Post 3 times a day on my personal Facebook profile
- Post 3 times a day on my Facebook business page
- Post 2-3 times a day on my Boss Lady Home Business Helper group
- Be more engaging with friends and followers
- Do a couple of Facebook Lives a week.
These are not as effective for me because my internet really sucks and my Lives tend to pixelate badly. It’s a bummer because Facebook Lives are really awesome and get tons of views and engagement, so you should be doing them all the time!!!
- Creating videos for You Tube and posting them on page and group
Note:So if you are going to schedule your posts, be sure to do so on your page. Simply set the post us as you normally would then click the little drop down arrow next to the ‘publish’ button and schedule from there.
- Post 2-3 times a day
- Try out Instagram Stories (10 sec videos that stay up for 24 hours, similar to Snap Chat)
- Focus on finding and using those “secret sauce” hastags
- Look for influencers in my field, follow and engage with them
Up to this point I have been a pin hoarder on Pinterest. I see something I like or think I might need again, I pin it! I have a ridiculous amount of boards. They are all my interests so that’s OK, but I didn’t begin with business in mind, so I have some cleaning up to do. Pinterest is actually used like a search engine and that’s not how I’ve used it up to this point. I need to focus on having a few good business boards front and center, well branded and with keywords in the board titles.
My goal is to become a curator, not a hoarder. So this is what I am going to focus on with Pinterest…
- Focus on changing the order of my boards, business first.
- Rename or create new boards with keywords in the names. Move some pins to different boards.
- Go back through my best business pins (mostly around this blog) and edit taglines to include good keywords – Pinterest isn’t interested in most recent pins. They care more about popularity, so refreshing old ones is a great way to get more traction from the same content.
- Post on Pinterest as often as I write new blog posts
And of course all of this is going to take a butt load of new branded images, so looks like Canva and I are gonna become even better buds than we already are. Remember, you can reuse and recycle all of this on all of your social media. Not everyone is on every social network or at the same time, so don’t worry about using the same stuff over. Just mix it up a little and your posts and images will go a long way!
So, are you with me?Set a goal of how many new friends and followers you want to gain this month and commit to making this happen. Be sure and comment below what you are going to do to increase your social media footprint and we’ll cheer each other on. If you have any different ideas than mine, I’d love to hear them. Put them in the comments too.
YeeHaw!! This is gonna be fun!
If you found value in this please comment below and share on use the social media buttons on the side to share this post! 🙂
Talk to you soon,
Other social media posts on my blog…