You are an entrepreneur building your online business or you wouldn’t be reading this blog, right? That means you probably already have a blog set up. If not, I suggest using the WordPress blogging platform. Every now and then it is good to evaluate how your marketing efforts are working for you. This is one of the ways to make more money with your blog.
Is your blog doing all that it can do for you? If not, then you may want to re-evaluate your blog’s structure.
Ask yourself one question: Is my site relevant? If you are using SEO to create page titles, permalinks, tag lines and anchor text within content, then you’re headed in the right direction.
Here are a 7 ways to make more money with your blog.
- Affiliate programs – You can promote products within your niche that are complementary to yours on your blog. Each time someone clicks on your affiliate link, they are directed to that site.When they buy, you make a commission.Choose tried and true affiliate programs with a generous commission structure.
- Create a newsletter or free giveaway – This is one way to build your list of potential customers. Create an opt-in page where they can enter their name and email address in exchange for a free monthly newsletter in their inbox or a giveaway like a free report, ebook, audio, video or ecourse. This gives you the opportunity to market to them again and again.
- Use clear call to actions – Use buttons that clearly tell customers what action you want them to perform. They need to be told what you want them to do.The more specific the better.Your buttons can be a “call to action” for affiliate programs and your own products and list building giveaways.
- Showcase your products – Create an products or services page where visitors can see your products and read a description before they buy Make sure to always include a call to action button which leads to the purchase. Offer “bonus” deals where they can get free items for buying certain products, discount coupons or referral bonuses.
- FAQs page – This is where they can find out about you and your customer service. Use it to answer commonly asked questions so that you aren’t overcome with emails asking for answers to the same questions over and over again.
- Guest blogging – Blog for others in your niche,and include back links to your site. This is a great way to expand your audience and build your list. You can extend the same courtesy to the other bloggers as well.
- Look around – Find the sites that are the most popular in your niche and see how they are using their blogs to maximize earnings.
Why not give these suggestions a try and watch your traffic and income increase.
Please leave a comment below and share your thoughts and suggestions. I’d love to hear from you!