Social media is so important to network marketing success these days. It’ something that I talk about almost every day in some way or another. If you are not using a good social media mix in your marketing efforts, trust me, you are really missing the boat.
There are dozens of social media networks out there, so which ones should you use? Well, that’s up to you. It’s purely a matter of what you like. The most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and Instagram just to name a few. I know people who have built big businesses entirely on Facebook. It seems to work very well for network marketers. I do more on Facebook than any other, but do also use Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest. I haven’t accomplished Instagram yet, but that’s next on the Social Media agenda as imagery is so important these days.
Here are 7 of my top tips to increase your social media marketing success:
1. Use a social media management tool to help you to be able to post in a variety of social networks with one effort. I use Hootsuite. There is a free and paid version. Free should work just fine for your needs. The reason I love Hootsuite is because I can see and post on all of my social media networks from one dashboard. I still go to Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus to post a couple of times a day because I like the feel of being there in the moment, but I schedule posts in advance from Hootsuite. It’s very easy to set up and use.
2. Be sure your profiles are set up properly. Always use a picture of you for your profile picture. Not your kids, cats or a cute cartoon character. We want to see who we are connecting with. Using anything but you makes us feel like you’re hiding something – like a 3rd eye or that you have a conjoined twin. If you do have a 3rd eye or are a conjoined twin, that’s OK, we just want to know what you look like. It’s the very first and one of the most important steps in getting to know, like and trust you.
Be sure to have your business website link front and center in your profile. Be proud of it. Then share a bit about you personally and your business. This is not the place to vomit you network marketing sales pitch on us. Actually there is never a place for that, so stop it!
3. Don’t be afraid to be you. Bring out more of your personality on social media. Have fun with it. Let us know the real you, not the person you think we want. Be edgy, be funny, even a little controversial. Just don’t go overboard on the last one.
4. Give value. Share things of interest with people. If you’ve written or read a great blog post that you think others will find value in, share it. Motivational and inspirational quotes and images are a great way to share value as well.
5. Follow the 80/20 rule. Post 80% of the time about personal, inspirational, funny, hot topics etc. and only 20% of the time about business.
6. Stop pitching your business. Do way less “Buy my products and join my team” pitches and sway people with valuable teasers that make them curious. That’s what draws us in and makes us wonder what the heck you are doing. Curiosity makes us want to know more. Sales pitches are a turn off. After a while we will tune you out.
Talk about your successes, your team members successes. Who earned a trip or a car? What fun things are you and your team doing in your business? Share your story and your team mates stories. If you are just getting started and don’t have a team or success yet, use your upline and their teams. Who are they posting about? Use them. You don’t have to personally know someone who just won a car or rank advanced to congratulate them.
7. Use more imagery. Social media and the world in general has become so busy and noisy that you need eye-catching visuals to make eyes stop and focus on your posts. Studies show that posts with 85 characters or less and posts with images get more views hands down. It’s a fact that Facebook shows your posts to more people if there is an image and fewer words. So use pictures and graphics.
You can make simple graphics and brand them with your website. Ask people to like and share. These graphics could go viral and your website could be out there for the world to see! If you are graphically challenged, give canva.com a try. It’s incredibly simple to use FREE!
So there you have it. My 7 top tips that will increase you social media marketing success, guaranteed! If you have a social media tip you would like to share with us, please put it in the comments.
Was this helpful? If so I would really appreciate it if you would leave a comment and share on Facebook.